1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help: Reasoning?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Lady Gaga, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Why are things used to contact people off-site not allowed here?

Like..why cant I have a twitter link in my signature? Or have AIM/MSN/etc details? :/

Just curious for the exact reasoning behind it.

2. Shevanel

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of the things that makes EC such an amazing and comfortable community is that it IS as safe as it is. I hear that over and over from our members, that this is the only community they've been to where they don't have to worry about being hit on by creepers or being asked for naked pics or whatever else.

And one of the ways that we ensure that safety is by making sure there's no way to contact an EC member off-site. (All on-site conversations are monitored to keep the community safe.) Once you've been around for a while, posted enough for the staff to get a bit of a feel about who you are, then you can apply for full membership, which will, if granted, give you the ability to go into chat and to send private messages (including off-site contact information) to other members.

I think once you've hung out here for a while you'll see the value in the restrictions :slight_smile:

4. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Ah, that makes complete sense. Thank you. :grin: