1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new homepage pictures?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by hairdye, May 19, 2010.

1. hairdye

i know the pictures on the homepage have been there for as long as i can remember.
    I think it would be cool to see some new ones every week or so. Maybe even some of us, with out significant others and such.

maybe even a little more abstract stuff. like a picture of an actual empty closet haha

just a thought.

2. kettleoffish

sounds like a cool idea. It was before my time, but my understanding is that the current pics were a user contribution of some sort? I'd be on board, and I'd even contribute, if I had a significant other :frowning2:

3. Techcompu2

the pictures on the homepage were from one of the Full Spectrum editions. that may have also been before your time here) If I remember correctly, they had a contest for pictures for the cover pages, and the pictures that are now seen on the Homepage, were the ones that won.

sorry that I can't provide more info, but I don't want to mess with any rules, or anything, that were set in place.

I also would be on board with the idea, if only I had something good to post as the possible one.

EDIT: I don't think I will break any rules by doing this much: I did some digging and found the FS edition with said pictures. the user who posted them was TeeBe, and the pictures can be found on her profile. :slight_smile:

P.S. if this does violate anything feel free to edit it :slight_smile:

#3 Techcompu2, May 19, 2010
    Last edited: May 19, 2010
  4. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey,

The timing of this is rather interesting as a similar proposal was recently raised with the admins. It hasn't actually been discussed further than asking for opinions on exploring future design changes, but it's good to see that other people would be interested in seeing the page updated a bit. I've just started 3 months of summer holidays so I am hoping that spare time will allow me to work with the other admins and get some of these proposals discussed with the staff and members, and then hopefully implemented.

Just out of curiosity, what would you ideally want to see? Do you think the page and layout could do with updating/changing, or would you just rather see new pictures? If we can get some general opinions from members on what they would change, if anything, then it will definetly influence what direction we go for with any design proposals.

Overall it's great to see peeps offering suggestions for changes! You're the ones who have to see that page and use the site so your thoughts on any changes are obviously going to be taken very seriously.

Martin.

5. hairdye

i think an overall layout change would be cool. not that theres anything wrong with this one, it'd just be fun to see something fresh. As a former photographer, I think it would be cool to have a contest for new pictures. Maybe even a banner with multiple pictures.

OH! or a thread with the picture of the week?

theres a couple ideas to think on.

6. No One

I think it would be cool if there were different pictures there every time you go to the site, like on a loop or something.

7. x2x2x2x2y2

I love this idea!!

I think the "Newest Forum Posts" and all that section should be bigger and more noticable.

I would also say add a little color. Rainbow!!

8. Lychee

I reckon change the pictures every week or so.
    Change is good :grin:

9. Shevanel

Please not rainbow, it's gona end up looking like a myspace page or something, not to mention be damaging to the eyes, AND it would be very... eye catching for other people that may be snooping around, potentially outing people who aren't even ready to be out yet.

Just sayin.

10. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I actually remember the user who submitted the pictures on the home page which goes to show you they've been there for about 3 years. I agree that it would be nice to see a change and others have already thrown out some good ideas.

11. Gin Uh Fur

Gin Uh Fur Guest

can we has some yummy lesbian pics? not that i dont love the boys on the front...but yeah ha.

12. kettleoffish

yeah, this is important, I've had my dad asking what the big red text across the screen was saying before.. quick change tabs and a muttered 'nothing' is rather suspicious, nevermind if there was a big gay pride flag going on.

13. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

A splash of colour is what's needed not a rainbow. IMO.

14. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (Ah, my first post in ages.)

I'll tell you something. I was somewhat involved in the selection of those pictures, and... I can tell that the guys in the pictures are straight. :wink:

15. Techcompu2

He is back from the dead! lol joking :slight_smile: Welcome Back!

I actually still have a copy of the FS edition that they were in :slight_smile: