1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GOOGLE CHROME USERS + EC Chat

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Shevanel, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Shevanel

Alright, over the past few days, notably last night, I realized that chat was being really wonky for me.

Among other little things that I barely noticed, it wouldn't allow me to see the character "<" in main chat and it also wouldn't allow me to press SHIFT + ENTER to skip to the next line in a message I'm typing.

Now I don't know about you guys, but this bothered the shit out of me as I make a ton of "<3"s and you all know about my Member naming I do in chat. xD

Anyway, so this morning I sought out to find the source of the problem and fix it. And I did. Rather easy too. xD

It was just a problem with Flash or Chrome not automatically updating Flash correctly, so I found this article Which says Chrome integrates Flash into its program so it doesn't have to be installed separately, and it fixes a few bugs too.

So all I did was reinstall Google Chrome. And it works perfectly fine. So if you're a Chrome user and running into these sorts of problems, Re-Download Chrome, reinstall chrome, test it out in Chat. It SHOULD work fine.

If it still doesn't work, or if there are any other users who use different browsers that are also encountering similar or even different problems with EC, post here and we'll try to figure it out =]

2. Swimming4ever

It was funky for me too, but I was using Firefox. I thought the chat was really slow when I was trying to type. Its good to know I'm not the only one having trouble and also know that I'm not the only one bothered with stuff like this.

3. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I'm on Chrome and it works perfectly.

4. Shevanel

It was only some people, I forgot to mention that before.