1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EC Pokemon Tournament

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Lucky Panda, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Lucky Panda

:] It sounded fun in my head, and is sure to be fun. But I dunno if EC would allow due to the sharing of the WiFi Friend Code. :/ Suggestions? Opinions?

The rules would be simple. :] No uber pokemon, lvl. 100 and single. I could assign a deadline, and rally up a tourney-tree with people who want to participate. Then, make the chart and post. :] The battles would then commence.

What do you think? :/

2. Hoppip

Ask the admins if PM'ing friend codes could work?

3. Lucky Panda

It would also be cool if the winner got a little icon next to their profile. Like, when they win a tournament in the arcade. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I'd totally do it.

5. Taurusguy92

Yes!!!!! Great Idea!!!!!!

6. Tim

Tim

Sounds cool, though I'd never do it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I play with pokemon classed as Underused and Neverused by the competitive metagame. XD Most people use Ubers and Overused, which, although not impossible, are a lot harder to be with UU/NU :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And I still never understood the WiFi Friend Code... with the DS, you can't communicate. The built in mic is always garbled, so you literally can't talk with them, there's no way to write to them, so that always confused me. I could understand the Wii, but not the DS, XD

7. Stuie

I would enter but my pokemon are nowhere near level 100 nor in a decent team. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I haven't even finished all the gyms yet. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. pirateninja

Due to the rule of not posting offsite contact details in the open forum, including friend codes for the DS, it wouldn't be great as an official EC Competition. One reason being that it automatically excludes all of the regular members here as they do not have access to private messages. Also, the competition itself could not be monitored by the staff.

I think it would be better if you organised it yourselves if you really want to go for it, as long as the friend codes or any contact details are shared only by PM *points to the red writing above for emphasis*. However, due to the exclusion it would cause, as well as a lack of monitoring, I don't think it would work as an Official EC Competition.

9. Tim

Tim

TECHNICALLY, if a mod were to oversee it, entrants could give friend codes to the mod, who would give the Friend Code to the other person, not telling them who it is. In fact, you could go the entire time without telling anyone who they were, and forever. XD (So long as their in game name is different than their screenname, that is)

Like I said, the Voice Chat on DS's garble the words anyway, as a security feature for little kids, so it's already unrecognizable. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But not saying there should be one, just saying it's technically possible while holding true to the rules.

10. Taurusguy92

Also for the battles you realize that you can turn Voice Chat off right?

11. pirateninja

Again, as it is offsite, moderator's won't be able to do more than just swapping friend codes. And what is to stop a member turning on voice chat or any kind of chat and giving contact details to the other person? There are a lot of grey areas here, and like I said, as an official EC competition overseen by the mods, especially something that involves swapping offsite contact details would take a lot of maintenance.

Again, feel free to do it yourselves via PM if you really want to go for it, as long as rules are followed.

12. Derek the Wolf

I would destroy you all with my army of Eevees

13. Lucky Panda

Thanks! :] So, i'll make the thread and assign a deadline, then let people sign up for it. Once I have a good number of participants, I'll make the tourney-tree and post the chart under the same thread. It'll then be up to the battlers to PM their Friend Code to their challenger. As for telling me who won, they'd have to tell me?

14. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd do it!!!