1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this section [LGBT news] of the website...

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Alex19, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Alex19

im just being random here, but is it just me or is it that most of the news on this section is negative? i wanna hear more positive stories! im getting depressed coming to this part of the site...:tears:

Staff edit: Moved from LGBT news.

2. Shevanel

Re: this section of the website...

I've noticed that a lot of positive threads in this forum usually get the least attention. This forum is mainly used for talking shit about people that some here hate. That's what I've noticed.

3. British Lad

British Lad Guest

yes we need more possitivaty

4. Shevanel

I'm sorry but I just can't let that one go. Positivity*

Better spelling in general (yes, this means I'm not trying to single out the poster above me) would be good too. I mean, most browsers nowadays have spellcheckers built in to them for God's sake...

5. otc877

otc877 Guest

The majority of news headlines are pessimistic. All we did to our section was slap an LGBT headline on it.

6. x2x2x2x2y2

^true. This is why I don't watch the news or read a newspaper. It's depressing.

7. Dan82

There are positive threads like this one but they don’t get many replies. The threads that get lots of replies are usually filled with off topic political posts.

8. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sadly enough, there's way more to be said about bad situations than about good situations.
    When Tolstoy was asked why he always wrote about doom and gloom, he replied: "All happy families resemble one another; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"
    So happyness is apparently just boring :icon_wink

I don't really mind the fact that the bad news stories get reported. It's good to see that these stories are getting press and sparking some righteous indignation. Which is needed to break the status quo.

If we want to see more positive stories, it's up to us to comment more on them and make them float up!

Also, for tons of better stories, I usually just go to coming out stories. Those are the myriad little happy stories that happen every day, but don't get reported (because: "17-year old comes out to friends, is met with total acceptance" just doesn't cut it as a newspaper headline)

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is interesting that there are more negative. But guys we all know exactly why, we as a society thrive on negative reports. Plain and simple.

10. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    agreed. I think the this forum's title naturally lends itself to more morose topics of discussion. Those who don't particularly enjoy the confrontational nature of the forum can always avoid it, there are better ways to seek happy news than in the headlines of any major news outlet the world over.

11. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Also, not to hijack the thread, but could we move the LGBT Videos thread over to the Support/Advice forum? Or can we make it a sticky? Because it keeps getting shoved off the board with all the news articles (and I certainly appreciate them all, even if some of them as less than relevant). And that thread is certainly a good deal more uplifting.

12. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Consider it done. [​IMG]