1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chat not working for me

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by xxAngelOnFirexx, Oct 8, 2007.

1. xxAngelOnFirexx

everytime i try to log into the chat it loads up to 97% exactly everytime then stops and won't go forwards. i've left the screen up and there is no change. it normaly loads really really fast and nothing has really changed on my computer so i am unsure why it won't let me in.:help:

2. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Clear your browser cache.

If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer:

Open the Tools menu, then click Delete Browsing History, then Delete All.
    (OR)
    Open the Tools menu, then click Options, then click all the "Delete" options.

If you use Mozilla Firefox:

Open the Tools menu, then click Clear Private Data, mark all the boxes except Saved Passwords, then click Clear Private Data Now.

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

The chatroom is working fine and nothing has changed on your account, so there is no reason here for you to have problems.

Firstly try restarting your PC, then try clearing everything as Fred suggested.

If you are using Firefox try Internet Explorer, and if you are using Internet Explorer try Firefox. It's not really a fix, but it may get you in for now.

The chatroom uses Flash, but the rest of the site doesn't. So it's likely that Flash Player is where the problem is.

If it still doesn't work try uninstalling Adobe Flash Player from Add/Remove Programs, restart the PC then try to access the chatroom with Firefox. It should tell you you need Flash and help you download and install it again. Then close and reopen Firefox, and try again. Hopefully that new installation of Flash will sort it.

It would do no harm to do virus and spyware scans on your PC. It's probably fine, but odd unexpected problems like this can be due to something getting in that shouldn't. Obviously make sure your virus and spyware scanners are up to date first.

4. paul7836

I have experienced this problem before. I never thought about clearing the cache. I also get random script errors. (which force me to log in and out)

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Morgan, did you managed to get it working again for you? If so what did you do to fix it? It'll be useful to know in case anyone else has the same problem.

6. xxAngelOnFirexx

yeah i got it to work. i just cleared all the history and temporary internet files. i don't beleive i cleared the cookies.

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Excellent, thanks!