1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Section.

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by jroakwood, Oct 20, 2007.

1. jroakwood

because theres been some conflict reguarding all the news being posted in the chit chat section.
    i was wondering if it would be possible/be a good idea to add a seperate section somewhere just for the news postings.

So when we want to find the news we can go straight there instead of having to sort thru all the different posts on the chit chat section.
    Or, in other words, for those of us who dont like the news/very seldomly find it interesting, can more easily avoid it.

i just think i'd be a good idea for organization reasons.
    it'd keep the chit chat section alot tidier.

2. davo-man

hmmm....I think its a good idea, but Im not sure whether there are enough news posts to warrant it...Personally, I think it would just be easier to put in the title of the thread "NEWS-xxxx" that way ppl can tell its news, althernatively do nothing, cos people dont have to go into threads that have titles that dont interest them

Then again, thats just my opinion, lets see wat the moderators have to say

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

We normally add sections when there are enough threads on a subject appearing around the site to justify grouping them all together. I don't see that this is the case with news yet.

Also with news stories, they often fit better in the forum section for the subject of the story. For example a news story about Harry Potter or Paris Hilton would fit in Entertainment, a news story about bullying in schools may fit better in Support, etc. More general stories that are of interest can go in Chit Chat.

I always start the title of a news story posting with "News Story" if general or "UK News Story" if UK specific (obviously for other countries I would put that, but I normally only look at the BBC news site).

Clear subjects for threads always help. Sometimes I will edit or add to thread subjects to make them clearer, especially when they are just something like "Help wanted". The subject is the first thing people see of your thread in the list of threads, so the more concise and interesting it sounds the better!