1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi-quote

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by GreyGirl08, Mar 8, 2011.

1. GreyGirl08

How do you quote multiple sentences from someone's post? I click the multi-quote button, and it changes color, but then nothing happens and I don't know what to do next...

2. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always just add [/quote] to the first sentence, and copy/paste the original

3. Eccentric

If I remember correctly, multi-quote is for when you are quoting from multiple posts. For example, if you are quoting from 5 separate posts, you would select the multi-quote button on the first four posts and click the regular quote button on the fifth post.

I'm assuming that you actually want to quote a single post but separate it into sections. You'd have to just use the regular quote button and manually type/copypaste in the extra end quote / start quote tags into the quote to break it up.

4. Wolfy

You click the button next to quote. It looks like a paper with a +" or something.
    You click that for all the posts you want to quote. You don't click that button for the last one, but you then just click "Quote" and then they all pop up in an advanced reply.

5. GreyGirl08

Ah! Enlightenment! Thanks everyone!