1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile app would be awesome!

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Steven791, May 9, 2011.

1. Steven791

I think a mobile app would be awesome for EC... Just saying :thumbsup:

2. Tiny Catastrophe

I totally agree

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's pretty high on our list. There's a complete mobile version of vBulletin, the forum software we use, and it seems at least somewhat likely we'll implement it when we upgrade, provided that we can tweak it to provide the same security provisions that the regular EC has.

4. kwyjibo

There was a thread about Tapatalk, a proprietary multiple-platform forum app, but it may not work with ECs security customisations. I'm all for this - the mobile theme sucks and the desktop theme on an iPod touch, landscape, is just about usable.

5. Guitarguy

The only time that can be on ec is on my iPod so a mobile app would be the most helpful thing seeing as I get logged out everytime I refresh a page

6. Gordon

If I made a mobile app it would be called Gaydar and shall be used to out yourself to other gay men or women with the app. Then again someone might have already made it.

7. GuardianKitten

I thought that was known as TapTalk?

Unless you mean a mobile "skin" of sorts, which a lot of forums have, which if yes refer to Chips answer

(ooh 100 posts)

8. TheWanderer

I own a license for Vb CMS 4.x and I believe that works without adding a "mobile version." Im not sure what y'll are running here but I would guess vB forum 3.8, with that being said. If Jelsoft has released a mobile version compatible with the current version EC is using it should be able to be "tweak" to your liking. Jelsoft doesnt really release software without putting in the proper testing.

9. Sarah1

Sarah1 Guest

did this ever happen? is there a mobile app for this forum?

10. Lewis

I wouldn't mind a mobile app although I'd be slightly scared about notifications on my phone being seen by friends. I have rather nosy friends! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope, at this point in time we still only have a mobile forum skin. The implementation of a mobile app would likely occur only as we upgrade our version of vBulletin. For a while we were working towards vB4, but vB5 has since been announced and has a few useful features on it that would be very useful for saving EC quite a bit of money, so we're still waiting to see how that version of vB develops over the next couple of months before making any concrete decisions on how to proceed. As vB5 is in beta stage, it isn't something we can just implement within a certain timeframe.

Martin.