1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Browsing the albums

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Bowie, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Bowie

This is a really minor issue, but I think it wouldn't hurt to mention.

I have some difficulty browsing the albums. The "report picture" link is located (in Firefox, at least) in the lower right corner of the picture area, while the "next/previous" buttons are below that. I think that's a bit counter-intuitive, as I often click on "report picture" when I meant to click on "next". Switching places between those buttons would probably result in better browsing.

2. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you not look at where you are clicking?

3. Bowie

I tend to browse very fast, so I don't always read the full content of every link. Instead, if I'm in a hurry,, I just click on the most plausible button. When I see that it was the wrong link, I obviously go back and try to find the right one more carefully.

If I'm the only one here to do that, then it's obviously not an issue, but I don't think I am. I think it's generally a nice idea (when it comes to web design) to assume that most users won't look too carefully at what they are doing.

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Its always hard to "picture" something someone is saying through text so here is a screenshot of what it looks like for me. Is this what you are talking about?

[​IMG]

If the navigation links are appearing right under the "report picture" link it might just be something to do with your monitor. Not a tech expert, so I'll let someone else answer that :slight_smile:

5. Bowie

That's what it's like for me too (except for the "edit" link). In most photo browsing software I've seen, the "next" and "previous" buttons are either on the sides or on the lower corners or the pictures, never below it. The fact that it is so here causes me some confusion when I browse "intuitively".

From these answers, I gather that most people probably don't have the same problem. I apologise if this was inappropriately brought up.

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Remember that this site will be updated to the current version of vBulletin somewhen in the next few months so this may well change then.

7. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's a screenshot of what the gallery feature looks like on the upcoming update so far:

[​IMG]

Hopefully that's more suitable for intuitive browsing. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You'll also have to excuse the black boxes. It contained top-secret info. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Martin.

8. Bowie

That does seem a lot better, yes.