1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chatroom??

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by cornishPasty, Aug 15, 2011.

1. cornishPasty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hii, Im REALLY new here and I was wondering how I can access the chat room :slight_smile:
    Its just I find it easier to chat with people and make new friends through instant
    messaging rather than forum posts, No that I wont be of course :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

it says that "normal members" cant access the chatroom :S

2. Hemera

You have to be a full member which means have 50 posts in different sections and have been here for 2 weeks

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Hemera got it right. As part of our security measures here, we require that members become full members before they can access the chat room. Once you have been here for at least two weeks and have posted at least fifty posts (i.e. once we can be sure you are here for the right reasons), you can apply for full membership (it's completely free, in case you're worried about that), and assuming you pass (around 98% of people do), you'll be able to access the chat room.

Until then, feel free to use the public forums to chat with others. EC is a friendlier community than most on the internet, and I think you'll find the atmosphere here more than welcoming.

4. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just another question... how long since you filled in the application does it take for the approval?
    and will the admins let you know if the application has been denied and why it was denied?

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, Thylvin.

It takes a while because all of the staff have to review applications, but usually it's a little quicker than it has been. The staff has had a few people who are on vacation, on hiatus, or otherwise unusually busy and that's slowing things down a bit in getting member applications reviewed, and in addition, we've had a couple of issues that have taken some extra time to deal with. You should expect an answer hopefully by the end of the week if not before.