1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For lack of a better word: 'bragging' section

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by SecretColor, Sep 12, 2011.

1. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    So EC has many great forum sections. However, one thing that I've noticed is that, when I have something wonderful happen in my life, and I want to post about it, I don't really know which section to stick it in; the only time I'd know would be if it was related to coming out.

Anyway, my suggestion is just for EC to have a kind of bragging section (that's not the right word but no others come to mind) where members can post about amazing stuff that's gone on in their lives. Like, say, someone they just met who they like and think likes them confirms their Facebook request.

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've seen Introductions, Welcomes, and Congratulations be used for that.
    It's not very often, though...

3. DefineNormal

DefineNormal Guest

It sound's like a good idea to me :slight_smile: Would be an awesome place to go for a pick-me-up :grin:

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We used to have just a thread in Chit Chat devoted to this. I even think it was called the "bragging thread"...

Lex

5. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Brag About Yourself

?

6. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

You can definitely use Introductions, Welcomes and Congratulations for the big stuff, like marriages and earning diplomas (the "congratulations" is there for a reason). For something like the example you gave, though, I'd put that in the "What are you thinking?" thread. If something like that happened to me, I wouldn't consider it all that worthy of its own thread, even if we had a bragging section. That's just my sensibilities, though; it's by no means a mandate on how you should post.

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  8. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because we want to hear about every little good thing in everyone's lives... :S

But I think chit chat can be used for that. You can chit chat about that thing in your life.

9. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah there's definitely the chit chat section that can used for posting things like that. And there's even a specific thread dedicated to bragging about yourself. I see no need to create another section devoted only to bragging about oneself.

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

One possible problem if a "bragging" section or whatever existed could be that all the "wow isn't my life great" threads could upset those who don't feel that way. It seems to go against the community spirit here. Yes, of course people will want to tell others about the good things happening in their lives as well as the bad things, but I think in existing sections and threads is better than a specific section.