1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat room hug smiley

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Fugs, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can we get the hug smiley emoticon thing in the chat room? It looks so cute and so many hugs happen there that it'd be a shame not to add it in.

(*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure how the emoticons work in the chatroom but I'm sure someone who is more experienced with it will reply. I know there are some but it might be hard to add them in, not sure. I'm sure another staff member more familiar with that will weigh in. :slight_smile:

3. Ben

Ben

A hug smiley would be fabulous, I agree :grin:. But the chat software was developed by a third party and just an add-on to EC, so it might be a bit too much of a challenge to change things around for the sake of a hug.

4. J Snow

One hug can change the world, Ben.

5. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm afraid that it isn't really feasible at this point to tweak the chatroom and add new smilies or features to it. From what I have gathered, the coding for the chatroom is messy and a bit of a clusterfuck. I'm rather awful when it comes to coding and all that shizzle, so I'm not about to mess around with something that coding experts shy away from. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Although the chatroom as you know it won't be around for much longer. Replacing the chatroom is something that we've wanted to do for over a year since we got the feedback from members about the performance problems it has, and the upcoming upgrade for the site will be a perfect opportunity for us to install new chatroom software. We're hoping to scratch the add-on we use now and hopefully have a feature which is much more responsive, and doesn't act volatile and laggy when more than a few people dare use it at once. Hopefully it will be easily customisable too, so any requests like this should be easy to implement (although I can't promise that as I don't know what the final product will be).

Martin.