1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quicker Log Out

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Tracker57, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Tracker57

I don't really have a private place to access this site. And sometimes I'd like to shut it down rather quickly. But I get a question, "Do you really want to log out?" That slows down my exit and may leave me in a position where I have to explain some things I'm really not ready to explain. Can this be shortened any way? Thanks for this site. It has saved me!
    Tracker

2. Tim

Tim

Odd. I don't remember it asking me that the last time I logged out, but it does now. :confused:

Was that a recent feature?

And I agree, for a site that some people would rather not have their family see, (because they're in the closet or such), it really shouldn't have a confirmation.

3. Eric

I remember that since I was a new member, so if it's a new feature, it can't be that new. It is pretty inconvenient, particularly those who are in the closet and need to log out as quickly as possible sometimes, and I've never heard of someone's day being ruined by accidentally logging out of something, so a quicker way to log out (if it's possible) would be great.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's one quick tip that might help: At the very bottom of the screen, on the left-hand side, there's a drop-down box that by default says "default style." If you choose "default style without logo" than at least it won't say "Empty Closets" at the top and will be a little more subtle if someone happens to come in.

Meantime, the simplest solution is simply to close the browser window. Unless someone happens to *know* to go to emptyclosets.com, it doesn't matter if you're logged out or not, if the browser is closed, no one will know you've been to the site unless they look at browser history (which you can learn how to erase).

Hope that helps!

5. Ben

Ben

Also, most internet browsers have some kind of private browsing option somewhere, which means that you just have to close to page and there's no record in your history that you've been there, and you're logged out automatically.

6. Tracker57

On my home computer I use Google Chrome and open an "incognito" window. It automatically clears cookies and history when you close. My therapist told me about that feature.

7. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When you log in, if you uncheck the Remember Me box, you will automatically log out when you close the window.