1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend requests from new users with no activity

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Ridiculous, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Ridiculous

Has anyone else been getting friend requests from users who have made no posts, no wall messages, no avatar/profile info/signature etc.?

I've gotten 4 or so over the last month and it seems a bit shifty. If you go to their profile pages, they are almost always looking at someone's album photos. I've just denied all their requests (some after waiting a day to see if they have any activity, which they don't, although one did pick up 2 friends over that time).

Is there some way that users have to atleast make a single post or something before being able to friend request? It's ever so slightly unnerving :icon_conf.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a good suggestion. We probably can't implement it right away, but I'll add it to the "wish list" for the upgrade.

3. Ridiculous

That would be great.

Obviously it's not high priority though, as the PM system isn't available to these people so it's unlikely they'd be able to do anything sinister before they were found out (or it may be completely innocent, the possibility of which always makes me feel a bit guilty when I decline).

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I think some people, in spite of everything we put everywhere, see EC as an opportunity for hookups.... and other people may just genuinely be trying to find someone to talk to, not realizing they can't PM.

But you're right, it really makes sense to talk to someone in a couple of wall posts first before sending a friend request, just a lot of people don't seem to get that. :slight_smile: