1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ec upgrade?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Charni, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    A few days ago I was reading a thread and it said that "it's (some feature that I'm sure was in this forum somewhere) is on the upgrade list(note not exact wording)." am I wrong or is there going to be an upgrade and if so when?

2. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ec upgrade.

I found where it is. It is in that thread about friend requests from new people, second post.

3. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The entire site is going to be getting an upgrade in future, which will include various features that we have. Currently the forum is ran by vBulletin and the Homepage and Resource sections ran by Website Baker, whereas vBulletin 4 has a CMS system that allows everything to be operated under one system and better integrated into the site.

Upgrading isn't as simple as just clicking an install button though as the site is heavily customised, so we need to ensure that all our customised features are able to work on a vBulletin 4 site. There's currently an uber-secret testing site for all that to be done, but there's still work to be done on it before we can consider upgrading the 'live' site. One of the things that does need doing is the upgrade to the chat room as we no longer think it is feasible to use FlashChat, especially given its instability during Chats busier hours.

There's no final decision on what software Chat will use in future, nor do we have a date planned for the upgrade. Tis all still a work in progressss.

Martin.

4. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Maybe use a similar chat system to facebook, but allow for group messages?

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We're reviewing a lot of options. We've got it under control :slight_smile: