1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EC is closing safari webbrowser

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Ty, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

I was just on Safari and when i entered in "www.emptyclosets.com" safari just closed down and the send a report thingy popped up
    so i tried 4 times more and the same thing happend

so now im on crappy internet explorer -.-

I tried entering other links and safari works fine till i attempt to load emptyclosets.

Never had this problem before.

This is Safari for windows btw

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I thought Safari was based on the same rendering engine as Firefox, though I may well be wrong there. I also believe it's still in beta testing, if so that should be reported as a bug. The front page uses Wordpress, and the only recent change is the inclusion of Google Analytics code.

It works fine in Firefox and Opera as well as IE, so try one of those. I always use Firefox, and just have IE and Opera for testing sites or for badly designed sites that only work in IE.

3. Ty

Ty Guest

Well ive gone downstairs now and im on my mac
    And EC is working perfectly fine on Safari for mac -.-

Strannngeeeeeee

4. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is not - Safari uses the WebCore engine (based on KDE's KHTML) while Firefox uses Mozilla's Gecko renderer. KHTML, as of the version included with Konqueror 3.5.8 (on Ubuntu), displays EC's front page perfectly. However, Konqueror is at the moment only available for Linux.

I suggest trying a Gecko-based browser such as Firefox (on Window$) or Camino (on OS X) if Safari crashes.

5. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I recommend using Firefox full stop.. I've used Safari for windows and the codebase is just horrible. It looks shiny but still manages to be slower than IE. Plus the renderer might not be capable of displaying the elements of such content management systems like wordpress. Hopefully Apple will fix that up in future release candidates. :wink:

6. Ty

Ty Guest

Well my windows computer died noisily today, so thats the end of that. I'll just stay snugly on my mac =]