1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online List

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by toremi, Jan 28, 2012.

1. toremi

toremi Guest

Quick question....

It may have been intentional or maybe I don't know about a new update... but I can no longer see the online list -- showing who is on the forum. I can't tell when my friends are on now :frowning2: is this something that changed?

Thanks

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It had to be removed during the crash that occurred earlier this week.
    Something about causing excess strain on the server.

3. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ^ That's right, it's all detailed in this sticky thread here in Chit-Chat what happened, but in regards to the online-feature:

I find it useful too, I think the majority of us do. I'm pretty sure it won't be gone forever, but on the flipside, I don't know when we'll be able to reinstall it.

4. Fiddledeedee

You are still able to get a list of people online if you go to Quick Links –> Who's Online (at the bottom of the drop-down list). The list is over a number of pages, and tells you if someone is reading a thread, staring blankly at the index, PM'ing, etc.; however, I still miss the short list at the bottom of the index. Hope it ca nbe reinstalled soon!

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow. Totally never noticed that was there. Thanks for that! I'll add it to the sticky.

We probably won't be able to add the feature back any time real soon, as it's a resource hog and it would require getting a much heftier server. Once we file for our tax exemption, we'll be able to seek funds to help with stuff like that, but that's going to be a while.