1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home page

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Alex15, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Alex15

Surrounded by the Old Repulican Vangard (Texas)
    So this has bothered me for awhile, but why is the welcome page never updated? The latest news is from 2009. I love the rest of the site, but that's the first thing people see. My first visit I almost went somewhere else thinking it had fallen into inactivity, thank goodness is saw the forum tab! Anyways just my two cents.

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is a major renovation planned for the site some time in the coming months.
    It will probably be changed around a bit then.

3. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've deleted it from the home page. It's a fairly redundant feature now considering how little it has been used since 2009, and it isn't going to be a part of the upcoming design as we'll be converting the home page into a page that is run by vBulletin. :slight_smile: The outdated news bit has been mentioned numerous times before and I've just left it as the site has been due a makeover for a while now, but that has been delayed due to time limitations. I'm projecting at this point that it will be done around May/June, but there are also other things regarding EC's status as a non-profit corporation that needs dealing with before that, so the progress on that will determine when the site will receive its upgrade.

But yeah, the not so latest news bit is goneee. :slight_smile:

Martin.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ... and that's May/June, Gay Standard Time, so figure July or August :slight_smile: