1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invalid security token?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Fairybread, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I click on "mark forums read" I get this message:

"Empty Closets Message
    Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

Should this be happening? If so, why? If not, why? It's kinda weird. Happen to anyone else?

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been getting this as well... Glad that it is not only me getting this.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That usually happens if a page has been up for a long time (maybe an hour or more?) and hasn't been refreshed. If that's the case, it just means the token (session ID) has expired and refreshing the page should fix the problem.

If it's happening on a freshly loaded page, that's a different issue that we should look into.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It happens for me on a freshly loaded page. I tried to refresh and it still did not work.

5. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm. OK, I have one other suggestion to try before we have to dig in and figure out if there's a problem with the script.

For some reason, the vBulletin cookies can get corrupted, and that can cause all sorts of weird information. So if you can go into your browser security settings and delete the cookies for EmptyClosets.com (you can delete *only* the EC cookies and leave everything else) and then re-login, and see if you still get the same error. If that fails, and it's easy for you to try it in a different browser, please do that and see if you can replicate the problem. If you can't replicate it in the other browser, please provide the name and version # and OS (win7 / winxp / mac / etc) that you're using and we can dig into it further.

It's annoying to have to do all of that, but the more specifics you give us, the quicker we can figure out what's going on.

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I still seem to be getting that security token problem. I tried to clear my cookies and I used a different internet browser. I also tried a different computer.

7. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, if you're seeing it on multiple computers with multiple browsers then we'll need to look into it further. I'm not seeing it and I haven't heard of many others, so it may be a bit hard to track down but I'll do some digging.

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Often if you tick the "Remember Me" box when logging in it fixes these problems. You then have to remember to log out when you have finished if you are on a shared computer.