1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User title

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Carpe Diem, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Carpe Diem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey fellow ECs.

Recently, I noticed my user title (the little phrase below the name) changed from "Member" to "Well Known". My current default user title sounds a bit, for the lack of a better term, cocky LOL.

I have no intention to create my own custom user title yet so I'll leave it as it is despite feeling a bit uncomfortable with the title (it sounds like I'm full of myself :dry:slight_smile:. However, I do have a few short questions regarding the user title:

1. I noticed that the user title, like other forums, will change according to the number of posts. Do you have the list of user titles and its corresponding min post count?

2. If I want it to display "Member" instead, do I just use the custom user title function to do that?

Thanks in advance. :grin:

Cheerio,
    Carpe Diem

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, the custom title will allow you to put something, so you could just be creative and go with, oh, "bored and confused" or "gay and loving it" or something like that... or the more mundane "member"

There's a list somewhere of the titles and post count for each. I'll see if I can find it, or maybe one of the other admins will get to it before I do :slight_smile:

3. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As far as I know it's

Newbie - 0 posts
    Member - 10 posts
    Well-Known - 100 posts
    EC Addict - 250 posts

Though I could be wrong.

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Nazo hit the nail on the head; I can confirm all those numbers are correct.

5. Emberstone

they should add more title post counts. 250 seems like a low number to stop at.

6. Owen

Someone wants to show off his high post count, does he? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

To add some numbers to this, out of all of our members on the Members List page, 580 of the 6254 have post counts above 250. That about 9%. Considering that we have four categories (which would thus average 25% each if all things were equal), I guess whether or not you think there needs to be another category comes down to whether or not you think the hardest category to get into (250+ posts) is exclusive enough if it has 9% membership.

But wait, I got more.

We can't forget about the fact that when someone reaches 250 posts, more often than not, they've already chosen a custom user rank for themselves. Let's say a new rank was introduced for members with 1000+ posts (I think that's a fair continuation of the current hierarchy). It would only show up if those members haven't already enabled their custom user title and changed it. I went through with the help of the ctrl-f function and counted, and there are a grand total of 28 members with 1000+ posts still wearing the "EC Addict" title. That's less than half of 1% of our members that the new title would even show up on.

Your call: is it worth it?

7. Emberstone

at the very least, you should get one for 1337

8. Owen

I'm probably not going to get any points for guessing which adjective that rhymes with "meat" you want to be in that new title, am I?

9. Harlequin

Clearly he wants those users to be dubbed "Feet" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Owen

Really? I thought he was going for "replete", since the forum is replete with their posts. But hey, I like your guess, too!

11. Emberstone

its fun when you come across a forum admin/mod that doesnt know leetspeak.

12. Owen

Perhaps my verbal irony was too leet for you (I do consider myself to be in the elite when it comes to such wit), for your assumption about me is patently false. I've been on these interwebz for too long to have not picked up leetspeak.