1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Additional main forum options

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by JRNagoya, Apr 9, 2012.

1. JRNagoya

I was curious if EC has thought about adding an additional main forum section for heavier topics like religion, politics, sexuality, or discussions on controversial subjects. Not everything falls neatly into "Help and Advice" and sometimes "Chit Chat" just seems a bit inappropriate giving the lighthearted nature of the name. There are a lot of really good discussions going on with opinions back and forth. Maybe a new forum for these topics would be a good place to gather them together? I'm at a lost to actually suggest a new title, but I just wanted to see what people thought about this. Thanks.

2. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "LGBT News, Rights, Issues and Equality" works nicely for such discussions.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can see the OP's point with regard to "chit chat" sounding a little lighthearted for some of the discussions. But "LGBT News, Rights, Issues, and Equality" isn't a catch-all either, as it tends to be more news and rights oriented.

When we get closer to the new version of vBulletin, forum names and such are something we're going to be looking at, and this will be something to add to the list.

4. Adarahs

Adarahs Guest

I was also wondering if you could add a section for members divided by age. There seem to be a lot of teens on here but I know there are people over 30 here too (they just seem hard to find). It'd be nice to have a place to discuss things that are age specific.

5. Ridiculous

In my opinion, while there are obvious differences between the issues people of different age groups face, having specified sections would just lead to a feeling of segregation - something I believe EC is opposed to. And anyway, most members are mature and can (and do) give insightful responses even if they aren't speaking from personal experience. Splitting the community would discourage this.

At the moment threads targeting a specific age-group seem to attract responses from that age-group reasonably well.