1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please comment on disclosure of gaming IDs

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Pret Allez, May 3, 2012.

1. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have read the forum policy on not posting identifying information, and I would like staff clarification on whether forum users can share gaming ids for the purposes of playing online games together in the spirit of sisterhood and brotherhood. My intention is to share my id and get a few IDs out of other gaymers on the "League of Legends" thread. Would it be possible to do that without violating forum rules?

As far as I am aware, no personal information visible to anyone else actually attaches to a League of Legends account. You create a user id, and you give your email and password. The latter two are not public information. So although I use my real personal email to create my account, people cannot log onto the League of Legends forum and determine from my user id who I really am.

2. Zontar

I think that about sums it up.

If you want that stuff, you'd have to run it through PM.

3. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, it's off-site contact.
    Once you obtain your full membership, you can PM the other people in the thread and ask them if they would like to trade IDs with you, though. :slight_smile:

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Zontar and Nazo are correct. You can share this info via PM once you become a full member, but not via wall or in the public areas of the forum. We are really strict about violations of this policy.

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's fine, and I understand the need for that, because anonymity on the internet makes it difficult to identity a homophobic or transphobic social engineer. Mainly I was just wondering whether gaming spaces were considered social networking and what "personal information" means. I was reading it too narrowly to mean information that lets someone actually identity you the real person when I should have been reading it as information which enables a person to map Pret Allez to user name X in any online community Y.

Thanks for answering the question. You may lock the thread.

#5 Pret Allez, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012