1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

width of post editor: can we get it adjusted?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by joeyconnick, Jun 29, 2006.

1. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hiya,

So... everytime I go to make a post here, the editor overshoots the actual width of the community because of the width of the textarea and the Smilies.

For an example, here's a screenshot:

[​IMG]

Could:

a) the group hug smiley be removed from the preview list (it's pretty wide compared to the others, I believe)

and/or

b) the textarea box (the white area) be reduced in width so the entire editor doesn't extend past the purple?

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I have seen that on another vBulletin forum I run too - and that only hs standard size smilies in the box.

What browser are you using? I believe its an issue with FireFox and vBulletin (which will be fixed in vBulletin 3.6) but I haven't investigated further. Do those who are using Internet Explorer get the same thing?

3. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmn... doesn't seem to happen in IE...

I wonder why... oh... IE has less left margin space so the editor fits... probably because it is fucking up the CSS. *sigh*

Hmmn... well... any chance that until vBulletin 3.6 comes out, the editor's text box can narrowed? Or would that get dynamically adjusted to work in IE and still break in Firefox?

By the way, http://i42e.wordpress.com/ :grin:

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I will see if there is anything on the vBulletin support forum at www.vbulletin.com/forum about this. There's no point in me reinventing the wheel..... :slight_smile:

I agree with the idea presented on the site you linked too. I can't see that happening with IE7 and Vista on the horizon though.

5. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh I'm so hoping it will... IE7 is sure to be inferior to Firefox.