1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something I've been meaning to ask...

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by TeeJay, Jun 8, 2012.

1. TeeJay

TeeJay Guest

Is it possible for EC to create a printable flyer advertising EC and what it is we/you do here? This way people could print it out and put it on there school bulletin boards, work bulletin boards, Community Health Centers, Doctors Offices, Etc... If you take the time to make the printable flyer, then who ever prints it would be supplying the ink and paper. It would be a very low cost advertising. Like I said, just something I've been meaning to ask.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is something that's definitely on our list. It hasn't happened yet, in part because we don't yet have a formal mission statement or other things that we need in place before we can start doing flyers and such. I believe a few people have made simple posters here and there to hand out at GSA meetings and such, and I don't think the staff would object if you were to do something like that... but real ones will be coming as soon as the staff and board can get a mission statement and goals together :slight_smile:

3. TeeJay

TeeJay Guest

Cool, thanks Chip

4. BudderMC

I don't know if it helps any, but I'd be glad to lend my graphic design services to the cause. I'm no expert, but I can make something visually appealing.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the offer! When we're a little closer, we will definitely be taking up the offers of our members with such skills. I think, if you saw the April Fools prank this year, that it's clear none of the current staff have what one would call marketable graphic design skills :slight_smile:

One thought that did occur to me: For flyers to comply with our security policy, they would not be able to have any contact info for any individuals at EC (other than, for example, [email protected] or one of the staff emails at their EC address). So you couldn't, for example, say "Email me ([email protected]) for more info on EC"... you'd have to point them here directly.

Just wanted to make sure we didn't introduce any ambiguity about the security policies.

6. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    T'was I who created that lovely pastel-coloured door logo for the day, my digital art prowess surprises me :lol:

7. BudderMC

It was err... "beautiful"... I think that's the word I'm looking for! :grin: