1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taptalk

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by cammykool, Jun 14, 2012.

1. cammykool

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    i brought this up in the private chat with the staff and thought ide get feedback from everyone else

to mods: this being a vBulliten forum taptalk install will be a sintch see here personailly i would use it alot more then the site

to everyone else:
    taptalk is a mobile app that is great for the junkies here Tapatalk Forum App - Empowering Forum Junkies on-the-go

for me personially taptalk is open almost 24/7 on my android device

[​IMG]
    taptalk forum selection

[​IMG]
    in forum

[​IMG]

replying to thread/starting a new thread. camera buttion is to upload a photo from your camera roll/gallery taptalk can host them or you can host them here link buttion is to insert a URL or a image url (wrapping around it)

a very professional well built app!

try to activate it here?

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There aren't any plans to activate Taptalk in the immediate future, and based on plans that we're still working on then I can't really see any need for it. We are planning to develop an EC app, but this will very likely be done using vBulletin mobile as that's a lot more customisable, is available for various mobile platforms and expanding, and is likely to expand even more in future as vBulletin software continues to evolve for smartphones and other wireless devices. Taptalk would become a rather redundant feature given that vBulletin Mobile will already support the App being placed in the Android market, and the purpose of upgrading to vBulletin 4 is so that we can finally have the entire site operating under vBulletin software, rather than having numerous pieces of software operating different areas of the site.

Before any progress is made on an official EC App we still need to upgrade from vB 3.8 to the latest version of vBulletin 4. Once that has been finalised then EC's Board of Directors (along with EC's staff) will likely be tasked with making decisions on what priority we give to a variety of potential investments, of which the App creation & promotion is one. At this point in time there's only been an acknowledgement that it's an important area to expand into, so I can't really give any sort of timeframe on when we can expect to have an App up and running.