1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Referrals

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Snowy song, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Snowy song

A referral is the person who referred you originally to EC, correct? How/where do I refer the awesome person (Silver Sparrow) who told me about EC? Is there a box I check somewhere?

thanks!
    :icon_wink

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I may be wrong, but I think it's a box you need to fill out while registering for the site. With your permission, though, I could go into your profile and use my special admin magic to edit that field to list Silver Sparrow as your referrer. Just say so and I (or another admin who beats me to it) will do it. :slight_smile:

3. Snowy song

Yes, please! I hereby give my full permission for you to work the forces of your administrative magical powers to make Silver Sparrow my referrer!

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

'Tis done. I'm not sure what visible effects it will have, but regardless, 'tis done.

5. Snowy song

thanks a bunch

6. BudderMC

Soooo... what does referrals actually do on EC? I know on other sites it might be on a reward basis, but this doesn't really seem like the place for that. o_o

7. Ben

Ben

Each referral boosts your referral count up, and that's all there is to it, to my knowledge.

8. Silver Sparrow

Well, now it says that I have one referral if you go into my statistics. Thanks!

9. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    We don't have any reward system here on EC for number of referrals. The only thing we use them for is to keep tabs on who invites who on here, but will only look into it when we have Full Membership applications through. It's part of the normal procedure, when deciding whether we approve or deny those applications, to look through the posting history on the forum, the wall messages and see the relationships between that member and others (including if they have referees / are a referrer). Basically we don't use them at all here, it's just a standard function of the vBulletin forum that we've chosen not to utilise and develop further.