1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about emails

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by SohoDreamer, Jun 18, 2012.

1. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So, I forgot my password, needed to change it. Obviously, I got a couple of emails from emptyclosets regarding this. I didn't bother to delete them, but later on, my dad had to look at my emails regarding a phone we recently purchased. My problem is that I have no interest in coming out to my parents and the empty closets email has in plain view "a safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered people coming out".

I realize this is partially my fault for not deleting the email previously but still.. really hoping he didn't see it :/

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey,

I'll have to look into what changes (if any) can be made to perhaps make any automated emails a bit more discreet. It is a rather major flaw for a coming out forum to be sending emails with that description in the title, but unfortunately the automated emails just take it upon themselves to quote the forum name and its tagline.

But yeah, I'll look into this and see what can be done. :slight_smile:

Martin.

3. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks a lot man. :slight_smile: