1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Unviewable Post

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Roz, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Roz

Roz

I tried looking at a thread, but it told me I was not authorized to view it. Why is that? The 2 reasons the error message, I'm pretty sure don't apply to me.

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Do you happen to remember what the thread was and/or what the error message you got was?

3. Pain

Pain Guest

Were you on the welcome page when you tried clicking it? If that's it, it might have actually been a blog and not a thread. Blogs are in the 2nd segment (left-to-right) whereas the forum's latest posts are in the first segment.

4. Roz

Roz

Actually, it was a blog. I haven't written one here so I'm not sure how it works. Is there perhaps an option to make them private, or selectively viewable to Full Members? If so, then that may be the answer to my question.

---------- Post added 10th Jul 2012 at 12:46 AM ----------

This was the message:

Roz, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to accessthispage. Areyou trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system? 2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

There is an option to make your blog visible only to people on your friends list (as well as the staff; we couldn't do a good job of moderating the site if we let people hide their blogs from us :slight_smile:). Were you able to see the title of the blog post? Because if you were, and if your theory about it being private is right, that's rather disconcerting and something I'm glad was caught.

6. Roz

Roz

It was actually a couple of them from different users so, I'm very sure now it was only because they had the option of friends only on since I'm not on their list and vice versa.