1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Private Photos & Blogs Appearing Where They Didn't Before

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Black Cat, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Recently I've noticed that when I go to the Member's Tab to see recently uploaded photos, photo comments, blog posts, etc. I now get thumbnails and previews for sections that are marked as private, so I can't view them unless I'm friends with the use who posted them. I don't recall ever having them appear before, as they are restricted to friends only, or perhaps I just never clicked on any of the private ones.

Has anyone else noticed this? If so, has it been like this before, or is it a new development Or am I going crazy?

It's by no means a major issue, just something I noticed and was wondering if others are having the same mildly frustrating hang-up. Rather than randomly friend everyone so as I can snoop through photos and blog posts, I figured I'd ask around and see if this is happening to others as well.

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I keep getting an "invalid album" error. I've never gotten that before... so I thought it was kind of weird.

3. Tim

Tim

Yea, it does.

The weird thing is, if I mark my album as private, my recently uploaded pics disappear from the list, lol.

I like to comment on random people's pics when they post a caption to it I find interesting, xD

4. Night Rain

I've been meaning to report this. Private photos can still be seen in the Members' tab (as previews, as you cannot access the original page).

5. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is it definetly private pictures that are appearing on the members tab? The latest clause to the COFC regarding sexually explicit pictures has meant that we have enabled picture moderation to review any uploaded images in all album types so that we can keep track of what is being put into albums, including images which shouldn't appear in the members tab due to them being marked as 'private'.

The disadvantage of this is that the picture page on the members tab will still display the thumbnail to public images before they have been 'approved' by staff members, which may cause a permissions error and the illusion of it actually being in a private album. You may find now that pictures which previously caused these problems (and the assumption that they must have been placed in a private folder) are now appearing as public as they've been approved.

That's just a theory at this point so it may be that there is a problem with private pictures appearing, but my initial suspicion would be that the picture moderation is the thing causing the problem.

Martin.

6. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm guessing that they are, since sometimes the message that appears says I've attempted to access something set to private, and I must befriend the user/owner to view it. Occasionally I get the screen that says I've followed an invalid link or made a recent post that's been marked as spam.

The screen in question says something along the lines of:

I was wondering if it had something to do with the copyrighted and sexually explicit image bans. Now that you mention it it was around then that I began to notice the errors I mentioned in my original post.

Thankies Martin! :grin:

#6 Black Cat, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012