1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Support & Advice sticky thread suggestion.

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by MusicIsLife, Aug 4, 2012.

1. MusicIsLife

Maybe it's just me because I've returned after being off the site for a while, but it seems that there are a LOT more trans and gender questioning people on this site now, and instead of having a gazillion threads in support on trans topics, maybe it'd be a good idea to have one sticky thread at the top where we can discuss all things trans?

2. Mogget

I don't think so. There are a lot of gay people here too, but we don't have one sticky thread to discuss all things gay. Like gay people, trans people have a multitude of different problems associated with being trans, and each problem is better dealt with individually.

3. Tim

Tim

I concur. Alienating one group of people just seems counter productive on a forum about acceptance.

It'd be no different than if someone said "There's a lot of threads about people wanting to come out. Can we just have a thread for that where everyone can discuss it in one place?"

4. BudderMC

I think the other thing too is that people like to have the spotlight to some extent. It makes you feel like you're "special" (in a way) and actually, genuinely being heard for your problems with someone replies to your thread. In a large mass thread, I think it's really easy for people's personal concerns to get lost in the crowd, which nobody wants.