1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum reorg?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by maxx, Aug 5, 2012.

1. maxx

How has the forum survey gone? Do you have a timeframe for the changes you'll make based on that feedback?

One of the things I'd love to see is a dedicated area for coming out when married (I know that was on the survey) - probably separate from coming out later in life. Certainly the two are related, but coming out while married has some unique issues since it isn't just about the person coming out - it is dealing with all the impacts of spouse, children, etc.

Thanks for listening and of course for all the great work that is done here,
    Maxx

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maxx,

It's a near certainty that there will be a dedicated area for married-coming-out as that's become an area of increasing interest, and an area that EC can be of particular service to its community.

We're hoping to do the conversion to vB4 before the end of this year, perhaps sooner. We're testing some things now and have some issues to work out, but it's being worked on :slight_smile:

3. maxx

Cool - thanks, Chip!

Maxx

4. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It'll be a sad day when that happens :frowning2: ...then this site will probably be so so very slow like others that have 'upgraded' to newer versions of forum "software"
    I'll enjoy the old/fast-loading site while it lasts...

But the reorg/additional sub-forums should be a good thing :slight_smile:

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    VB4 is actually pretty decent now. It was slow as molasses in the earlier releases, but another forum I'm an admin for made the switch to a pretty new version, and there hasn't been any noticeable lag since the upgrade.

A lot depends on how the server's MySQL and PHP settings are tweaked. We have a great tech team, so I don't anticipate any problems.