1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Log-In Troubles

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by bleep, Jan 24, 2008.

1. bleep

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When I go to log-in, the "Thank you for logging in" screen comes up, but once I get redirected the logging in box thing is still there. What's weird is that is shows me what threads I have read, not read, replied to, et cetera, but it doesn't let me reply or view profiles.

I use Firefox 2 normally, but I'm currently accessing the site using Opera 9.2 and I don't seem to be having the same problems. So, is it a problem with Firefox, or is it just on my end? I'm wondering if it could be one of the add-ons I have installed or something....

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

When you log in there is a tick-box for "Remember Me". Try ticking that. It should them keep you logged in, even if you close your browser, until you specifically log out.

The site uses cookies to remember who you are, so anything that affects cookies could be the cause.

Go to Tools - Options - Privacy, make sure Cookies are enabled. Click Exceptions and make sure EC isn't in the exceptions list.

It may be worth choosing View Cookies, searching for the EC ones and deleting them. Then the site will create a new one. This will clear it if it's a corrupted cookie.

In your Windows start menu you should have an option for "Firefox (Safe Mode)" as well as the normal one. Safe mode disables all add-ons, so if this works OK you know it's an add-on.

I am using Firefox 2.0.0.11 on Windows Vista with no problems, and I know quite a lot of our members use Firefox too. So there isn't an issue with the site and Firefox generally.

3. bleep

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I checked my cookies and deleted the EC ones just in case when I first had the problem, but to no avail. I'll try out Firefox in safe mode and see if it's an add-on, and I'll try out the "Remember Me" method. Thanks for the advice; I'll let you know if I get everything running smoothly again.

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Using "Remember Me" is the best approach.

5. Alexander

If you go to another EC page then click the forum homepage link (do not hit the back button), the site should show your info in the box.