1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Edit blog drafts.

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Nocturnal, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

I tried to edit the blog I have drafted earlier & every time I click on "Go to draft" to edit it this thing shows up.

"Empty Closets Message
    Nocturnal, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Does this mean I can't edit my blog?

Please help.

---------- Post added 20th Aug 2012 at 11:14 PM ----------

I just read some of the other threads that had the similar problem & I guess the option to edit blogs is no longer available. :frowning2: I drafted it because I thought I could continue writing on it.. Sigh.

2. Tim

Tim

Yea. I see no reason for blogs here anymore, to be honest. xD I tend to write blogs to rant, then delete them later.

I understand the concerns though. I just wish they'd let us edit private blogs. xD Or Friends Only Blogs.

3. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

but I like blogging here. x3 Even if I just started.

Yeah, I don't see why not. ;o

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I too enjoy blogging here. The ability to edit blog posts used to be available to everyone, and frankly I hadn't even noticed that it was gone until I saw another member asking the same question. If you have any specific edits you'd like made, just PM a staff member and we'll happily oblige. :slight_smile:

As for editing drafts, I don't think that even staff members can do that. I just use the drafts feature for blogs that need intensive re-working, and then I copy-paste them to Word where I finish them off, polish them, and post to my blog.

Hope that helps. =)

5. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The ability to edit blogs was removed as it could be used get around the private information rule, rather like fourm posts; for example, you could put down your email address, tell a few people to 'check your blog' they add you and then you remove it. Hence we removed the ability to edit blogs.

6. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

I just left the drafted blog alone. xD I just posted a new blog with the finished product. But can I delete the drafted blog?

7. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You won't be able to delete or edit draft blogs, as it's a side-effect of removing the ability to edit main blog posts, but the Staff can delete draft blogs for you.

Could you please make a new thead in the Ask the Staff section and we'll sort it out for you; ensure to include the title of the draft blog and when you first created it.