1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Members gallery

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Luroon, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Luroon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Split from the Post a Picture thread by Paul_UK. This discussion relates to the self-pics in that thread.

someone should take all the pics and put them in some sort of album so that one doesn't have to go through a trillion posts to reference someone's pic.

#1 Luroon, Jan 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2008
  2. tehnathan

Re: I'm Curious As To What Everyone Looks Like-Post Your Pic!!!

@Luroon: That's a great idea.

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It's a bit permanent though, should someone want to remove theirs later. Many of these are in people's galleries here so they are available.

4. Jeimuzu

Couldn't you just have one mod in charge of it, and every time someone wants one down, they'll do it for them?

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

If we did something they would have to be hotlinked from the galleries so people could take their individual photos down that way, which would leave broken images. We'd also have to get permission from everyone to have their photos included.

There is also the concern that it could send out the wrong sort of message about the site.

I'm not saying yes or no, just raising points to consider.

The neatest way if we did would be some sort of shared gallery where people can add and remove their own photos. So linked to the site membership database somehow.

I'll move this discussion off to the Forum Help and Feedback section.

6. Jeimuzu

Hm. A wiki style system that can only be accessed through the forum itself, meaning you have to be logged in to enter? Kinda like the chatroom? We could use the ten post system, too, to avoid people just using it for free image hosting.

Just a suggestion, and it's probably a bad one, haha!

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

That's kind of what I was thinking, but a gallery script rather than a wiki script. I like Coppermine, which does include options to link into the vBulletin membership database.

Probably only viewable by members with 10+ posts too, rather than viewable by anyone.

8. InaRut

I say no.
    We have the personal galleries. And what's wrong with that?

I mean maybe if there was like an EC convention then maybe we could have a gallery, but with a large gallery of a bunch of EC members. What's really the point when we have private galleries?

9. Ty

Ty Guest

Im indifferent towards the situation, I mean like, if there was a big gallery for all members HUZZAH! If not then I just continue on lol. I don't think theres any particular reason against it and not much particularly for it lol. Meaning, do it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I realize that not much of the above makes sense :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: well it does to me hehe

10. Grof142007

ZOmg someone should post a pic and quick but it page 40 ZOinkS

11. Levi

Levi Guest

Hint to Grof: number of posts to show per page, change it.

Also I second this:

12. otc877

otc877 Guest

I think part of the fun of the post your pictures thread, is the response everyone gets (or makes) to the pictures that they post. A gallery wouldn't have quite the same atmosphere that the thread does. Also, I'm assuming it would take quite a bit of work to set up.

I vote no.

13. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

The idea does seem to be duplicating something we already have, in a different format. I don't think we'll go there, but it would be nice if photos were less "hidden" in galleries.

Something I am starting to look at is having a page linked off the front page showing the ten (or whatever) most recent gallery photos and ten random gallery photos. The SQL and PHP for it is not that complex; it's more down to layout and integrating into the WordPress page somehow. Recent and random blog entries could be included the same way.

If I can get it working this may be something that can be expanded in future (perhaps allowing people to choose one "feature" photo from their gallery which gets displayed with other featured photos).

14. otc877

otc877 Guest

I think that's an awesome idea. If it isn't much work you should definately go for it!