1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Technology Question

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by frogger, Sep 20, 2012.

1. frogger

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Is there a way to get notifications that someone posted a reply on a thread you created or that you posted something on? I'm still new to this. I've just been going back through the list and trying to find the threads I've read and posted on.

2. Ridiculous

If you click the "Thread Tools" drop down above the first post in the thread, and then click "Subscribe to this thread" then I think that might do it. Although I've never done it before.

If you are in the advanced reply page, then there is a box where you can select to subscribe to it in the "Additional Options" below the submit button.

edit: I just tried it and I think it will only get it to email a message to you, rather than display a notification on the site itself like it does with messages.

#2 Ridiculous, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  3. Clown

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On the top left, click on "My Settings".
    On the left side there's the "Edit Options" page under the "Settings and Options" category.
    There should be an option called "Default Thread Subscription Mode".
    If you want to set up an email notification, you can click one of those subscription modes.
    If not, set it to "No Email Notification", and every post you make will appear in the subscribed threads. It's a nice feature. :slight_smile: