1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question, how do you leave EC?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Pippa, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Pippa

Pippa Guest

I have found that I can't update here enough to make it useful, is there any way to delete my profile and blogs? Thanks, Pippa

2. King

King Guest

If you go to your User Control Panel under the Quick Links button, scroll down to the bottom of the bar on the left and there's a button that says Delete Account. :slight_smile:

3. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And once you put in your delete you'll have a 24 hour grace period in which you can log back in and cancel the delete in case you have second thoughts. :slight_smile:

4. Caudex

Caudex Guest

YOU DON'T!!!!!
    DUN DUN DUNNNNN!:badgrin:

5. Pippa

Pippa Guest

I went to the quick links but I didn't see a delete account button?

6. Given To Fly

Have a look at the top of this page - on the left hand side, click on 'My Settings', then scroll down to near the bottom of the page - the 'Delete Account' button is on the left hand side.

7. icefennec

I can't post anywhere? Especially in the chat rooms? What is the point? Can I just delete my account? Heading back to MH and reddit then, since I can't do anything here. :/ :icon_sad:

WTF guys?? Being gay isn't something that requires a stupid 2 week application. NM, then. I should probably just talk to my therapist. You guys are a BIG letdown. :icon_sad:

#7 icefennec, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  8. BudderMC

^

1) You can post everywhere. You can't use the chat room until the community gets to know you better, for preventative reasons.

2) Because comparing Reddit and a support forum is totally accurate, right?

9. Ianthe

The delay before you can apply for full membership is part of our security policy. It's in place to protect minors from predators. We have to be very strict about it, because, for obvious reasons, we don't require parental permission for members to post here.

Full members have access to the chat room, and can send private messages and exchange personal information. The demand for a two-week posting history is so that we can get a sense of who members are (such as being reasonably sure that they are not here mainly because they are sexual predators) before making it possible for them to exchange personal information with other members. (Because chat is live in real time, it would be easily possible to give private information to another member before a staff member would be able to intercept it. It would get you a ban, but the damage would be done. Chat is monitored, though.)

You can post in all the forums and on people's public walls as a regular member.