1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exactly How Much Danger...

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by spectrumsigner, Oct 1, 2012.

1. spectrumsigner

...do we need to believe a member is in before we get ahold of a mod and ask them to intervene? Like, if they're planning to self-injure? If they are considering suicide? If they have a suicide plan?

Also, what if we believe someone else (IRL) is putting them in danger? Like, if a parent or significant other is abusing them?

I feel like this is an important issue, as I've seen a lot of posts that seem iffy.

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you have a serious reason to be concerned for the health and/or safety of another member you can click on the post report button (It's the red and white triangle with an exclamation point underneath the user information on each post) then enter what you think we should know.

You don't need to do this if a Staff member is already helping the poster in question, but if nobody's there yet it's alright to report it so we can help.

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I think its also important to note that there is no penalty for reporting just to be in the safe side. If you report something just to make sure and it turns out that everything its okay, then we won't send a harsh PM or anything like that. We actually like when other members get involved and help us keep EC safe :slight_smile:

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think in general, if you even suspect there's a problem, it's OK to report. The staff has a lot of resources, including two licensed professionals, to help figure out when external intervention is required. And, as Gus said, there's no penalty or problem with erring on the side of safety.