1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chatroom conduct

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Paul_UK, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

As some of you may be aware there was an incident in the chatroom recently which resulted in three people being banned from the chatroom by the chatroom moderators. The people concerned received several requests and instructions within the chatroom to moderate their behaviour but failed to do so. The moderators therefore had no option but to ban them. One or two other people were close to being banned too.

The bans on the three people concerned have now lifted and there have been no repeats so we hope the lesson has been learnt.

The chatroom moderators are there to ensure the smooth running of the chatroom, to make sure conversations remain generally in line with the Empty Closets Code of Conduct, and to help all members can feel welcome and able to participate. If you are asked to do or stop doing something by a chatroom moderator, you are expected to comply with their request.

The chatroom mods are all regular chatroom members so they know how the place normally runs and also know many of the regular participants. As such they will only intervene when things are becoming unacceptable or getting out of hand. The rest of the time they are there to enjoy the chatroom along with everyone else in there.

Anyone banned from the chatroom by a chatroom moderator will automatically be banned by the system for 24 hours. For a first offence we will allow you back in when this automatic 24 hour ban lifts, and hopefully this will be the end of the matter.

However for repeat offenders or when the conduct was particularly bad the matter will be discussed by the mods. The likely outcome will be a longer ban which could be anything from a few days to a permanent chatroom ban. You would receive PMs from the mod team about this and it would obviously be in your interests to read, understand and respond to these as appropriate.

2. Zak

Zak

Yeah, I was there that night, The people who got banned were warned about 2 or 3 times.....they kept on doing what they were, so the Mods had no choice but to Ban them."One or two other people were close to being banned too."...I think I was one of the people who were close to being banned.....But i cut out the stuff I was doing when I got told to by the Mods....=)(Im an angel!!!)

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Let's not get into a discussion about who was there etc, please. :wink:

4. Zak

Zak

ok......lol *Pets Kitty*

5. Grof142007

blah blah i want the juicy stuff ugh i should be in the chat room more often ugh! i miss all the good stuff