1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smilie mood

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Capichino, Dec 11, 2012.

?

What do u think

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. Mabye

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. No

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Capichino

Hey hey hey I was wondering if I just thought of this I think this is a good idea it would be cool if ok you know how thare is a list of smilies it would be cool if we could enter the smoky thingy in the mood blank and like that smoky would be out mood and we can change it idk just whant to know what u guys think
    . .
    Just whant to know what u guys think
    :wow: (!) :dead: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: :thewave: :confused2: :kiss::***: :angry: :badgrin: :grin: :frowning2: :slight_smile: :tears::bang::icon_redf :dry::grin::sleep::eusa_liar:eek::dead: :wow:

I just whanted to see if any one thought it would be cool and fun

2. Bree

I don't understand?

3. Fiddledeedee

It may be that he's asking to have all the smilies that can be used in posts work as moods as well. If that's the case, I'd be against it -- those are a lot larger and more garish than the mood smileys.

4. Jonathan

I took it to mean that he was asking if we could make it so that you could type in whatever mood you want (such as smoky) instead of being limited to the list...but I could completely wrong lol

5. Capichino

Yes :grin: and to get What u guys think of it

6. inthedark4eva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was thinking the same thing the other night....very rarely does anything on the list describe how I'm feeling exactly.

Good idea Capichino!!!!!

7. Capichino

Thare would still be the orinigal ones too

8. Capichino

Yes if they could make it so u could put in ur moods

9. BudderMC

If it's about typing in whatever "mood" you want, you could technically use your user title space for that and just leave your mood blank.

As for adding in new moods, the staff member who used to be in charge of implementing them isn't around anymore, so we'd have to look into how to do it. Additionally, with the hopefully future upgrades to EC, the mood system may change.

10. Capichino

Ok and hey it's sooo werd the support and advise and the Holliday and the anmouys and 1 other one that I can't think of ya but ya thare not on my thing any more thare compleatly gone I have to go under history to go on them

11. Given To Fly

Have you minimized the section? If you look on the main forum page, to the right of each section title (blue bar) is an arrow - click on it and it will show or hide the section below.

Hope that makes sense.

12. Capichino

Thanks it worked

13. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Moods can be added to the list if there is an appropriate image for that mood which meets the size dimensions the site has set up. I can't remember off the top of my head what the size requirements are as I've never had to deal with the mood feature (which shows just how long it has been since it last got updated). The biggest problem with moods is that we've had members very enthusiastic about wanting certain types, but very few actually provide the mood image needed and instead just hope somebody else will do it for them, which we ain't going to do. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Although, as Budder noted above, an upgrade is in the works for the site, so how the mood feature will fit into that isn't 100% clear at this point. At this point it's still possible to have it on the DEV site (ie, the 'upgraded' copy of the site that we are using for testing), but future updates to the DEV site may render it operable.

As for being able to type moods in, that isn't going to be possible with the current hack we use. The feature we have now was published by a coder who owns the rights to that, and we can't just modify it without permission so that people can type in their own moods. Even if we were able to get permission for that to happen, it would be fairly low down on the to-do list due to priorities elsewhere that we'd need coders to focus on.

14. I get kinda curious with all this talk about upgrades that keep getting mentioned since long whiles ago :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. Jonathan

Now I begin my mission to find the perfect "meh" smiley :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. Capichino

Kk have fun ^_^