1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Wanted - Photos for homepage etc

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Paul_UK, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It would be good to get some photos on the homepage and some of the resources pages etc. I'm thinking of photos of two guys (similar to the cover of FS1), two girls, confused guys and girls, concerned parents etc. I'm sure you get the idea... things that fit the themes of the articles and pages, and the core age-range of the site.

I have done some searching on the "free" photo sites without much luck (they don't have many people photos). We don't have the money to pay for royalties and don't want to violate copyright, so I can't just grab images from the Google image search.

Does anyone have anything they've taken themselves (so own the copyright) they could let us use? Or does anyone have time to search out some genuinely free photos (Creative Commons licence or whatever) that might do the job?

Thanks!

2. KatoKumi

Cruising deviantart is good.

and I'm part of a community there called dapride for gays and lesbians.

They have pictures. Some...
    Here

Drawings and poetry too.

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Is stuff on deviantart free or is it copyright by the person who created it?

4. KatoKumi

There are creative commons licenses if you choose them.
    But most of the time people don't choose that option.
    I don't know much of the law.

Is that what you're looking for?
    Or is it bad?

5. Alexander

I think it's CC.

6. davo-man

Okay, I've got the one for the confused person:

[​IMG]

Seriously, though, I'll have a look around my photo folder to see if there are any appropriate ones

7. Kimi

I'll look around and see if there are any good pic but even I take lot's of photos I rarely take people.

Hmmm...let's see what I can do...I might able to take something similar to it...

8. Vampyrecat

Basically, if it has a transparent logo on it when you click on it to veiw larger, then its copyrighted, and if it doesn't, then its probably not. However, its usually a good idea to send a message to that person in question because (as a member of Deviantart myself) I know first hand how annoyed and P.O'd people can get if they find out that the work they've been working on for ages has been taken without asking.
    If you need anything from MY Deviantart site, you are welcome to take it. In fact I'll personally rescan it and send it to you so that there is no copyright note. I have several gay pride drawings and photographs on there. Just let me know first, mmk? :slight_smile: