1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email Notifications False Positive Phishing in GMail

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Pret Allez, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, there:

If the technical folks on the Empty Closets staff are not already aware, GMail seems to think that the automatic notifications for private messages are not coming from Empty Closets. I checked my inbox, and two legitimate notifications were marked as phishing attempts:

"This message may not have been sent by: [email protected]"

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know that my Gmail account sees any email that is automated as a phishing scam. It's kind of annoying. (Some of my university emails get put into the phishing category..)

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We've had all sorts of issues with automated notifications. Ideally, they should be coming from EC's mail server but we've had some issue with that for a while... so the alternative has been using this Gmail account... which creates a different set of problems.

With practically every other provider on the planet, you can whitelist an email address. I seem to remember that Gmail did not allow this (as they took the "We know what's junk mail" approach) but they may have changed on that issue. You might check and see if you can whitelist that email address.