1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notification upon having a post quoted

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Harve, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Harve

I've found that this forum can have a lot of threads whereby almost everyone responds to the thread title (especially when it asks some detail about yourself) without reading many of the replies themselves, especially in the chat section. This isn't really how forums should work!

A lot of the time this is because of the topic at hand, such as 'what height do you prefer?', where each user can restrict themself to stating the height preference and leaving the thread (boring forum). Other times, however, it's because someone's post gets quoted, and as such there is potential for discussion, but the thread needs to be revisited by the user for them to realise their post has been quoted. If that makes ANY sense whatsoever.

So what I'm suggesting is if it's possible to get a notification, such as when someone writes on your wall, when your post gets quoted like on some other forums? I think it would lengthen the life of some threads, which by my reckoning is no bad thing.

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Last I heard, this is one of the features we're going to try to implement when we upgrade to the next version of the software that drives this forum (which has been a slow process). You're definitely not the only one who wants this feature, so rest assured that it's on our to-do list (though no promises on when it'll get done).

3. SomeNights

^hey owen is there anything I could do to help you guys with this. (the upgrade that is)

4. Harve

Cool, sounds good. Thanks for the speedy reply!