1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by interstella, Mar 1, 2008.

1. interstella

i want to change my avatar to another one on my computer, but when i click 'browse' in the avatar menu, nothing happens. it's the same for my profile pic :frowning2:

does anyone else have this problem?

h

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

You should get a File Open box where you can choose the image on your computer. It works fine for me (Firefox on Vista), so maybe it's something with your browser settings or security software settings? Disabling or limiting JavaScript will stop various things here from working correctly.

If you have a different browser you could try that. If you're using Internet Explorer and don't have a different browser, try downloading and installing Firefox or Opera.

3. interstella

i'm using firefox on xp. i tried using safari and internet explorer on xp aswell and i have the same problem. it worked before, so how come it doesn't work now?
    javascript is on in all of them

EDIT

the problem seems to have been resolved! if that was paul, thank you!

#3 interstella, Mar 1, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
  4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Have you changed your internet security software, or been changing settings there?

Try doing a forced reload of the page (in Firefox hold down Ctrl and press F5) just in case the page hasn't downloaded fully.

I assume you've tried shutting down and restarting the PC?

If you are connecting through a 3G (mobile network) connection, these often "compress" the page which can break things.

If you're still stuck, email it to me and I'll upload it for you. I'll send you a PM with my email addy now.

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

No, nothing to do with me. One of those strange mysteries. :icon_sad:

The new avatar is looking good, though! :slight_smile:

6. CrimsonThunder

Any chance of making is so the file size and dimensions can be a little bigger? >_>

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

No, that would break or cause problems in various places where avatars are used. 100 pixels wide by 120 pixels high is the limit.