1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rules on posting

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Divopix, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Divopix

Is there a rule on posting the same thread in different sections? Do you guys just simply delete it or do you talk to the person about it, or do you not care?

2. BudderMC

I'm sure there are exceptions to every rule - though I can't think of one for this - but generally one of them will be deleted. If it were me, I usually delete the thread in the less-appropriate forum, or one with no replies. If they both have replies, I'll merge the threads so as to not lose content. The OP is usually notified as well, asking them to not do it again as it generally just clutters the forums (and people get confused when one of their threads go missing).

3. Divopix

Mmm ok thanks for clarifying. I've seen it a few times on the forum and I was just curious.

4. BudderMC

No worries. And keep in mind while we don't generally like unnecessary clutter, this isn't exactly a "rule break" or anything, and likely won't you banned anytime soon (on it's own). :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. I don't think it matters (and a topic can be relevant to 2+ subjects).

6. BudderMC

^ even if it doesn't matter, we're going to delete it anyways, so please save us the effort and don't repost it intentionally.