1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question about photo albums

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by timo, Feb 6, 2013.

1. timo

Hey guys,

I was thinking about adding a photo album to my profile but I noticed I have to make it either public or for friends only. I don't feel too comfortable with the idea of everyone being able to see my photos and I'm not one who randomly adds people as friends, so this brings me to my question... is it (technically) possible to add the option "album visible for full members only"? Would make me feel better about posting photos knowing that not just anyone but only people who've been around for a while can see them :slight_smile:

2. I think that would be a really interesting privacy option to have!

3. Jared

I like this idea

4. SomeNights

I feel like that would follow the thought process in this thread.

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Not necessarily, but the a bigger issue is that it looks like there's no easy way for us to implement it. There might be a separate add-on for the forum software to make it possible, but in terms of looking for add-ons to do stuff, we have other features that are more imperative. So it's probably not going to happen anything soon. Sorry. :frowning2:

6. timo

I already expected something like that, hence the '(technically)' in my OP :slight_smile: But thanks for the reply! You got me curious about the other features, haha

7. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As Owen said that is not a feature built into this forum software - The administrators would have to find a 3rd party add on for that (if it exists). It's a nice idea though.

8. SomeNights

Find a 3rd party addon.....how many PHP programmers are active on the forum? I know of 3 including myself! lol

9. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since we are soon to switch to vB4 (or maybe 5), it is not something we would consider until the switch, and, at that point, there's a long list of requested hacks/mods/features that would need to be implemented. Additionally, the architecture of vB4 and 5 make it a lot more complicated to implement modifications than in the older versions, so it generally requires someone with a pretty deep familiarity with coding specifically for vB.

It's definitely a feature that deserves consideration, but just not something that's going to be on the top of the list.