1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being a full member

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by anthonythegamer, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Sooo, I just submitted an application to be a full member and I'm a bit nervous. Now, the waiting game.... What do I expect if I get accepted?

2. Ticklish Fish

you get cookies

3. DeanIsHome

Honestly it's not that different besides commenting on photos and blogs, Pm's, and the chat room and i don't really do any of those :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. UndercoverGypsy

I submitted today as well! :icon_bigg

5. Oh, that's it? Nothing special?

6. DeanIsHome

You get a message that you were approved...

7. Fiddledeedee

Nope, nothing really special. The mods have made sure that the gap between regular and full members is minimal because they don't want the forum to divide over it. Full membership means you can have private contact with other full members, and that's just about all.

8. FemCasanova

Yupp, it`s not all that special, lol. I didn`t really notice much difference at all, except the PMing function and the chat. It`s not like an exclusive club or anything, lol, which is good.

So, no golden plate with "Awesome Full Member" on, which is sad. I would love one of those. Or golden cookie! Sigh. Feeling a bit robbed now, that full members don`t get golden cookies when they are.. well.. full members.. Or a golden cookie on a rainbow flag! That would be even cooler. Starting to think I should demand one :grin:

Anyone with me nagging the moderators for golden rainbow cookies??

(Just joking, mods :wink: )

9. Dalmatian

You can change your user title to "Awesome", so it will display "Awesome Full Member" above your avatar :grin:

It's better that there are no huge differences between Regulars and Fulls. It makes the community tighter.

10. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The chat room is the biggest difference I have noticed. I tend to neglect the forum for it now. :lol:

11. FemCasanova

Oh, that`s awesome!
    :lol:

12. BudderMC

We've been estimating anywhere from 1-3 weeks as of late to process full member apps, since we're shorthanded on staff and other forum activities have been a priority (i.e. the restructuring of the forums). You'll hear back on our decision either way.

As others have said, the only difference between regular and full membership is the access to the PMs and chats, really. The only reason those are restricted is we want to make sure creepers and the like don't have access to those methods of contact without us knowing about it, to ensure the safety of the community at large. It also ensures people are here for the right reasons (i.e. not for a hook-up/dating site).

13. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for this info. I didn't want to be a pest by asking while everyone is busy with the restructuring. I appreciate all the work you all do.

It's been a useful learning experience to not be able to use PM and comments like I do elsewhere.

#13 Chloe, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013