1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A minecraft server for EC?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by MtnFr3sh, Mar 4, 2013.

1. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi! I've been to multiple websites that have minecraft servers for people to play on along with their friends and fans of the website, and suddenly it just hit me, what better place to have a server than EC! I think it would be awesome!

2. BudderMC

Well, the big problem with that is that it allows for offsite contact. We'd have to have someone moderating the server at all times in addition to the already often understaffed forums and chatroom, so it's a no-go.

However, if a bunch of Full Members wanted to host their own servers and share the server information through private messages, that would be fine. Regular members can't share information publicly for security purposes.

Hopefully that answers the question, and sorry to squash the idea.

3. Uniquename

Ontario Canada. An hour and a half from Toronto.
    Excuse the mass necro post but couldent you set up a whitelist and tell people to post their MC names on a thread dedicated to the whitelist in order to join?

4. RainbowMan

No, sadly we have no facilities like that - there is no dedicated forum for Full Members (nor would we want there to be - it's all about PRIVATE and realtime communication, not some "club" for lack of a better term).

5. Uniquename

Ontario Canada. An hour and a half from Toronto.
    Okay that is a very fair reason. Just thought I'd see.