1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A search bar and another website!

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Music Heals, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Music Heals

I think EC should have some type of search bar. Like I read a great post about LGBT friendly colleges once, and would love to look at it again, but I can't find it. If there was a search bar, I could just type it in and hopefully find it! :slight_smile: I don't know if a search bar could be done within this website or whatever, since I am literally so bad with technology I'm actually slightly surprised I'm able to post something, but I think it could definitely be beneficial.

My other question is about posting other websites on here. There's one website I'm a part of that I post a ton of stories and poems and the like on. There is actually less personal information about me on this other website than I have on EC. Would I be allowed to post a link to that website? It's not like a MySpace account or anything, but it's not something easy like a news article.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

2. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There is a search function! :slight_smile: Look at the thin, dark blue bar at the top of the page; third from the right is the search link.

As to the website in question, it likely won't be allowed as such fiction-sharing sites have the ability to contact the author of the work. This will count as (potential) offsite contact and thus we won't allow it. The Staff will be happy to check it out for you though, please post in the Ask The Staff section with the link you wished to share.

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There is a search bar next to quick links at the top :slight_smile:

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

We do have a search bar on top, and it has its times when it's useful (searching for posts in specific sections, or by specific users, or if you can remember a specific rarely-used word in the thread), but if I need to find a thread, I usually do so by going to Google and entering "site:emptyclosets.com" at the beginning of my search, then entering what I remember about it. That way, Google only searches for pages on EC, and its search algorithms are a heck of a lot better than those of the EC search bar. :slight_smile:

So for example, in your case, I would type "site:emptyclosets.com LGBT friendly colleges" into Google. If you can remember the username of the person who posted the post, you can add that in there to help it narrow down its results (although if you remember who posted it, the EC's search bar might be more helpful to you).

5. Music Heals

Than you so much! I am seriously incredibly bad with technology, to the point where it's not even funny. But even more embarrassingly, I hadn't even noticed that that tab was there. I feel so stupid now...

Thank you!