1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird forum behavior with anonymous posts

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by RainbowMan, Mar 26, 2013.

1. RainbowMan

Ever since the forum restructuring this might have been going on, but today is the first day that I noticed it.

I was cruising through Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Support, and ran across an anonymous thread that I wanted to read/reply to. Two strange things happened:

1) Quick Reply was available. I thought that was disabled in anonymous forums (doesn't matter, I didn't want to be anonymous anyhow)
    2) The breadcrumbs at the top (like how here, I can click on EC Help and Feedback to go back to the forum index) went back to the anonymous forum rather than the full one that had everything combined, which is in fact how I got to that thread.

I'm not sure if this is new behavior or has been around since the restructuring, but I thought it was odd and worth mentioning :slight_smile:

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It has to do with the way the anonymous posting options are implemented. Anonymous posting is actually only allowed in one main category section, but we mirror different subcategories into the sections where they actually belong. So the breadcrumbs lead to where the post actually exists, rather than where it's mirrored, for posting purposes.

As for quick reply... that one I'm not sure on. Martin would be better able to answer it.